Thursday, March 22, 2012

Night @ Home #1

Holy hell.

First of all, great decision on taking the nightly nurse care at the hospital.

Second of all, my wife is amazing.  You hear about that motherly intuition that women just naturally get when they have kids... well I've seen so much of that in the last 50+ hours (especially last night when she didn't even seem to be tired when she had to get up  -  I, on the other hand, pictured a zombie holding a newborn when it was my turn).  To be honest, I've been a little frustrated/jealous whenever Cash is in my arms crying and then Andrea casually walks by and drops a little, four-word sentence of advice that magically soothes him.  Where did that come from!?  You've been a mother just as long as I've been a father!?

She must have heard me scream that in my head because she made yet another good point, "well, I did carry him for over nine months.  Touche, Andrea.  Touche.

So advice to dads, this is just what I've learned in the 2.5 days of being a father: 
1.  Follow the Leader (this is obviously Mom).  Do exactly what they say because as much as you may hate to admit it, they know best. 
2.  Give advice when they ask but don't be surprised when it doesn't work and the suggestion they thought was 2nd best to yours does work.
3.  Lastly, if you have a son, accept the fact that you're not the man of the house anymore because around these parts... Cash rules all.

1 comment:

  1. Love it :) You'll have your "guy" moments later and all throughout the growing up... no worries. ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete